Six questions for Paul McFedries, author of Web Design Playground: HTML and CSS the Interactive Way
Paul McFedries is a web designer, instructor, and the author of more than 100 books. You can find him all over the internet, including his own website.
From Web Components in Action by Benjamin Farrell
This article covers:
• Component and Class Encapsulation
• How the Shadow DOM Protects Your Component’s DOM
• The Open and Closed Shadow DOM
• Shadow DOM Terminology: Shadow Root, Shadow Boundary, and Shadow Host
• Polyfilling With the Shady DOM
From CSS in Depth by Keith J. Grant
This article takes a look at the three principles of responsive design. We will start building a responsive page, and I’ll unpack each of them as we go. After that, we’ll take a look at images, which require some special considerations on responsive sites.