From Web Components in Action by Benjamin Farrell
This article covers:
• Component and Class Encapsulation
• How the Shadow DOM Protects Your Component’s DOM
• The Open and Closed Shadow DOM
• Shadow DOM Terminology: Shadow Root, Shadow Boundary, and Shadow Host
• Polyfilling With the Shady DOM
From CSS in Depth by Keith J. Grant
This article takes a look at the three principles of responsive design. We will start building a responsive page, and I’ll unpack each of them as we go. After that, we’ll take a look at images, which require some special considerations on responsive sites.
From Progressive Web Apps by Dean Hume
In this article, we are going to learn about what makes a web app “progressive” and how you can unlock the powerful functionality that already lies within your browser. We will also delve into “Service Workers” – the new feature that makes PWAs possible in the first place.